Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 4)

Lover Revealed  - J.R. Ward My 2nd favorite book of the series, as with the vampire warriors, Butch, the only human to ever be granted entrance into their world, has a sad and dark past. Glimpses into his childhood reveal a physically abusive father, a cowardly mother and uncaring siblings, well all but one. The one who cared about him is abducted in front of Butch, (aged approximately 9 to 12), and never seen again - his father and remaining siblings blame him. Years pass and Butch, now a cop, is essentially alone in the world until he meets and befriends Beth (Wrath's mate, book 1) and the brotherhood. I don't want to give too much away but I will tell you this; there's plenty of vampire and lesser action, a sweet love story, and a shocking life-altering twist for Butch and the vampire warriors. Overall, it's a terrific and exciting tale, so enjoy it!