Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Up in Smoke (Silver Dragons, Book 2)

Up In Smoke - Katie MacAlister Thought this book was adequate but that it lacked the wit and charm of the Aisling Grey series. The main problem, for me, was Cyrene who did not appeal to me at all. I kept hoping KM would kill her off, (sadly she doesn't and we're subjected to her again in book 2), or at least, send her to Abbadon. As for the protagonist, May, her occupation as well as her abilities were a decent plot point but it was still more than halfway through the book before things got really interesting for me. Seeing Aisling, Drake and Jim again was a nice plus, as was learning more about dragon politics and the very yummy Gabe. I do wished she'd not kept him doing the "want to pleasure you with foreplay, but I can't control myself" speech so much, it made him sound like an imbecile, and got so annoying that I started skimming their love scenes! Overall, this book's plot rates 2 and a half stars but because KM's one of my favorite authors I'm rounding up the rating to 3. :-)