Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Wife for Hire LP (Large Print) By Janet Evanovich

Wife for Hire LP (Large Print) By Janet Evanovich - Caleb Melby (Author) A good premise that showed promise but failed to deliver. The characters had little depth and things happen that make no sense when explained (kidnapping, break-ins) later. Hank & Maggie are both likable and flakey (this is stressed over and over) but their relationship goes from comic to sexually involved to not speaking for months then happily made up in too short of a time span. Overall, the story starts out cute and funny, but then distinergrates as zany secondary characters begin performing unbelievable stunts that pull away from this tale of two eccentric hearts discovering their soulmates. However, for a bad story by Evanovich, this is still a decent read for whenever you're in the mood for some fluffy fare that you'll soon forget.