Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, Book 3)

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night - Kresley Cole Bowen's & Mariketa's relationship is full of sass, misunderstandings and sizzling chemistry. They meet in the Talisman's Hie, a supernatural version of the Amazing Race, which they're both competitors in. The prize, Thrane's Key, will allow the holder to travel back in time and Bowen desperately wants to return to the night 180 years ago that his fated Bride, Mariah, died. Mariketa just wants to win. Bowen has been a secondary character in a couple of the other IAD books I've and he and his story have always intrigued me.He's a gruff, sexy bad boy and did not disappoint this reader. Also, that for someone with such unimaginable Mariketa is a funny, likeable heroine with a sharp sarcastic wit, which I enjoyed very much. From the jungles of South America to New Orleans they continuously push each others buttons which makes for a fun and enjoyable page turner. Grade: B+