Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

If You Dare (The MacCarrick Brothers, Book 1) (Bk. 1)

If You Dare - Kresley Cole This is my first romance by Kresley Cole and I have throughly enjoyed it. To me one of the signs of a good romance is when you become so invested in the character's story that it gets you emotional reading it. Otherwise, you cry. And I did on pages 320, 328 and 344-45. Isn't that what a good story is supposed to do for us? Miss Cole crafts a plot that keeps the pages turning with plenty of interesting side stories that let you know there will be sequels to come featuring the intriguing secondary characters (whoohoo - Hugh and Ethan!!) and I love chances to revisit old characters. There was also lots of chemistry between the main characters as well as enough dialog to keep things absorbing. When all was said and done in If You Dare I had definitely become a new fan of Kresley Cole's and will be checking out more of her works from my library soon.