Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Gideon: The Nightwalkers

Gideon  - Jacquelyn Frank I really wanted to like this more than I did. The plot and characters both have strong points as in Demons = Good Guys and Human Necromancers = Bad Guys and the characters are centuries old demons that after a decade of strained relations have suddenly become Imprinted soul mates. It doesn't take long before they're lovesick and cooing ad nauseam to each other. Their conversations & even sex scenes bored me so much I skimmed through them and still came close to calling this a DNF. Then it got interesting again and they discover their foes are an all women black magic society. It wasn't hard to figure out they had an inside source in the Demons nor who it was, but this and the ensuing battle scenes did keep me reading. So, do I recommend this? Only if you appreciate writing that takes its time to get to the "meaty" parts. My overall grade for this is a C+.