Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 11)

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) - Charlaine Harris I was up until 4:30 a.m. reading this as I could not put it down, I definitely liked it, too. Sookie is making changes and the biggest one is breaking her blood bond with Eric. At first, I was "Nooooo!!!" when she and Amelia and Bob did this because she didn't think it over at all, but then she learns something later that made me think she did the right thing here. Relationship-wise, it seems to me not much has happened between Eric & Sookie besides great sex. And we all know the old saying's true, "there is much more to a good relationship than sex." Enter Sam into the stage, right? They're best friends who have conversations, there's respect and honesty. She doesn't have that with Eric, she can't and him remain Eric to me. Then, of course, there's Bill who has made up for his past dishonesty, a least, in my opinion. More than once he's saved her life and risked his and we know he's never stopped loving her. But, in book 11 Sookie is thinking about more than romance. She's thinking about the person she was, and the person she wants to be and she's tired of killing people and vampires. So, there's just no telling which way things are going to go in book 12, and I can't wait to read it!! Grade: B+ (would've been an A if there'd been more of Jason).