Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story - Christopher Moore I love Mr Moore's humor and his quirky imagination. His take on what has normally been such serious genre - vampire lore - is delightful and, at times, laugh out loud funny. Our heroes are a group of late-night supermarket turkey-bowlers and a homeless man who calls himself the Emperor of San Francisco accompanied by his faithful furry companions. How can you not love this stuff? Jody, our female protagonist, is a newly-turned vampire is such a cool chick you may wanna offer her up your own neck. Between her and Flood's attempts to educate themselves on what it means to be "vampire" while avoiding the sun, curious cops, and the murderous 800 yr old vampire who turned Jody, life is pretty weird, wacky and wild! If you read this be sure to follow it up with the continuing saga of Jody & Flood in "You Suck!" (I read them outta order, due to ignorance, but they both rocked!)