Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, Book 4)

Dark Needs at Night's Edge - Kresley Cole So far this one is my favorite in the IAD series. Featuring one of four Wroth brothers, Conrad, a vampire who has succumbed to madness taking blood from the flesh has been kidnapped and imprisoned by his brothers in an old decrepit mansion once owed by a 1920s ballet star, Neomi, whose ghost now haunts the premises. I loved Neomi's character, her independence, her determination to succeed on her own terms before she died. Then afterwards how she never succumbed to madness during those 80 years spent mostly alone. I'd have gone bonkers myself. Speaking of crazy, there's Conrad, the lover Fate decrees for her, a guy who can hardly tell what's real and what's imagined. So, how does a ghost make a werewolf believe in her and eventually steal his heart? By stealing whatever else she can, of course. A very entertaining & unique story I highly recommend. Grade: B+