Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Every Dead Thing

Every Dead Thing - John Connolly I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't enjoy the writers Stephen King or Dean Koontz, but with that said, I think Mr. Connolly ranks right up there in skill with those aforementioned authors. His writing is dark and graphic but it is fluid and hypnotic as well. This book isn't a light read and may take you places you don't want to go, places that spook you. The early part of this book contains the murder aftermath of a young child and her mother, which sets the tone of the book and a deadly goal of vengeance for the protagonist. Determined to find his wife and child's killer, Charlie Parker, a NYPD officer, will follow clues his nightmares provide from the streets of New York to the swamps of the deep South. Along the way he'll enter into surprising friendships with some old enemies that lead to scary revelations about old friends. Grade: B+