Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Natural Born Charmer

Natural Born Charmer  - Susan Elizabeth Phillips No matter what we may think about formulaic books there's no denying the truth: they work. This formula is a tried and true one for SEP, a h/h both have deep-seated childhood issues and must work through them to ultimately come together, throw in a sweet kid, a puppy/kitten or a dead parent and you've got all you need for an emotional page turner by SEP. NBC is my first time reading anything from the Chicago Stars series but I didn't feel as if I were missing anything by coming into the series so late. Dean & Blue's story is full of humor and smart dialog from the first page, and I literally could not stop reading it. Both have trust issues, and rightly so, but Dean's story has a surprising and very interesting twist of his parent's story serving as a secondary plot in the book. Throughout this book I both laughed and cried and really haven't enjoyed a book this much in a while. A book full of rich character and surprising depth and heart, I so highly recommend this one. Grade: A+