Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)

One Foot in the Grave - Jeaniene Frost “Read this yesterday in about 3 hours after finding myself completely unable to put it down. Like the book's cover, the character of Cat Crawfield is a hottie. A half human/vampire hottie who kills vampires who kill humans. What? Yep, you heard me. When Cat (Catharine) turns 16 her mom sets her down and tells her that her dad was a rapist vampire that attacked and somehow impregnated her mom. Since that night her mom has been scared of the dark and has virulently hated vampires. It is not long after that 16 year old Cat stakes her first vampire. We meet Cat 3 years later and she's being pulled over for a broken taillight and in the bed of her pick-up truck, under some tarp, is the body of a dead vampire. The next night Cat is at a bar (best place to hunt vampires) where she's trailing one and she encounters another one. This one with a British accent that isn't immediately drawn to her as she plays a horny, drunk human for him. So, she sticks with her first target and vows to return another time for the unusual one. However, the next night, he returns for her and Cat meets her first master vampire, Bones, and they form a partnership to take down whoever is killing off the co-eds. Bones made me wish I could have a vampire of my very own. He's virile and sexy and has a tendency to say "luv" every now and then. He lives in a cave given to him by an Iroquois friend back in the 1760s or so. He trains our heroine to be a very efficient assassin and calls her 'Grim Reaper' and sometimes even has to call her on her enthusiasm. This book has lots of adrenaline-fueled action, humor, romance and heartbreak. I found it to be a pure enjoyment to read and I will be looking forward to reading the next in this series. Highly recommend! Grade: A+ ”