Ravings of a Book Junkie

An avid reader, if books were sustenance I'd be fat as a hog. I mainly read dark urban fantasies, but like to mix things up book-wise, just never enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Shopaholic & Sister (Shopaholic Series)

Shopaholic and Sister - Sophie Kinsella I really enjoyed this installment of the Shopaholic series. In S&S Becky and Luke are back home after a 10 month honeymoon around the world. There's a very funny scene where Becky achieves "enlightenment" from a piece of jewelry and walks barefoot over burning coals that I got a good chuckle from. And, surprisingly, Becky shows some real growth and acknowledges that her spending habits are extravagant compared to ordinary people and sees that her spending is also causing stress in her marriage. We also get to meet Jess, Becky's newly discovered half-sister. Jess is Becky's opposite in everything and it seems unlikely they'll find any common ground until Becky, true to form, sticks her nose where it's not welcome with some painful and funny results! Suze and Becky are also on the outs with the arrival of Suze's new friend, Lucy, a married mother of four who doesn't get Becky one bit and who it seems may put a permanent wedge in their friendship. Great read!